Sunday, October 2, 2011

Square Roots and Radicals

It's been awhile since I have posted on this blog.  Well, I'm back and ready to get on with the business of learning and talking about mathematics,  The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for communication between my students, their teacher, and their classmates.  Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments as you work to make sense of the mathematical concepts we are studying in class.

 My eighth grade students will be taking their first post test on Thursday.  The standards on the post test deal with probability and exponents.  I have found the following radicals practice activity that may help you prepare for the post test.  We are currently exploring the Pythagorean Theorem.  Here is a Pythagorean Theorem activity for you to try if you are feeling confident with this concept.  I encourage all of my eighth grade students to try these activities and leave a comment to let me (and your classmates) know how you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment